Hi ! You are on Xavier Collet’s blog. I am a french freelance sound designer and composer. My posts about sound design (and related) are only in french (sorry !) but you will find here some readable information about me.
What I do :
- sound design (for cinema, Web and video game mostly)
- music for any kind of projects
- sound editing (fiction, documentary)
- teaching (Lecturer in different universities and private schools)
What I have learned :
- music , composition and film scoring
- sound design (master’s degreee at ENJMIN and IRCAM)
- musicology (post-graduate at La Sorbonne)
- ethnomusicology (thesis about rythm in south indian music ; minor asia music performer)
- sound engineering and synthesis
What I play :
- Different lutes : guitar, bass, ukulele, saz, oud…
- Wind instruments : Kaval (turkey), Pelul (Armenia)
- Drums : a bit of hand drums like darbuka and Daf (iranian frame drum)
- Piano, mostly as a composing tool
- Real-time systems, samplers and synths
What makes me different :
- I manage the three sides of sound and music design : Artistical, technical and cognitive
- The broad spectrum of my musical skills (classical, jazz, experimental, ethnic, rock…)
- I play instruments you’ve rarely heard
- I can talk about sound integration and object-oriented design with a software designer
- I am really bad at drawing
Below you can listen to some of my recent musical works, mostly for the video game and Web industries. I hope you will enjoy it.
I am always enthusiastic working on international projects so please contact me if you would like to collaborate. I am also open to worldwide job opportunities.
English spoken (work level). Some german, spanish as well (week-end level). A bit of turkish, tamil and portuguese (holiday level).